HELP & FAQ’S
Please note this FAQ does not cover any COVID related questions. For further information, please see our website front page or email [email protected]
What is Escape Plan?
- Escape Plan is a team game for small/medium sized groups. Your objective is to escape a locked room or achieve a mission within the specified time limit (usually 60 minutes). You do this as a team, by discovering clues, solving puzzles and working collaboratively.
- We have created three experiences – ‘The Adventure Begins’ set in a WW2 POW camp; ‘The Battle for Britain’ set in an RAF Operations Room and ‘Roll out the Barrel’ set in a 1940’s RAF base with a sneaky mission to steal a barrel of beer.
- If for any reason you need to leave you are free to do so at anytime.
- To check game availability, please visit our bookings page.
- The puzzles may be mechanical, involve skill or deduction, but you are not required to use physical strength.
How many people can play?
- Each experience is different.
- Battle for Britain hosts 2-6 players. (We think 4-5 is the optimum).
- The Adventure Begins hosts 2-6 players. (We think 3-5 is the optimum).
- Roll out the Barrel hosts 2-6 players (We think 3-5 is the optimum).
- Concurrently we can host up to 12 players at one time in one venue. Our Large Groups page details more
What's the minimum age to play?
- The experience has been designed for teens and upwards but we accept bookings (where an adult is present) for anyone aged 9 and over. The games work exceptionally well as a family experience.
- If you are planning to visit with under 18’s, please make sure your team has at least 1 responsible adult onsite (over 18). We would recommend ‘The Adventure Begins’ first if bringing under 14’s.
How much does it cost?
- For up to date information, please see the Book Now page
- Peak hours are weekends. Seasonal variations at Christmas and Easter occur – please refer to our booking calendar in respect to your date and time of interest.
- The number of players in the team has no impact on the price but we recommend 4-5 players for the best experience. We accept anything from 2-6 players and are dedicated to giving your group the best possible experience, irrespective of team size. (2 player team discounts exist)
- Check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages to see if there any discounts running at present.
How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- Click through to the Book Now page
- Select the game you wish to play and choose the date and time of the session you wish to book
- Input your gift voucher code into the ‘coupon code’ box and hit apply coupon
- Proceed to checkout, complete the details requested and select ‘Place Order’
- You will then receive a booking confirmation email with details of your booking and how to find us
Why Escape Plan?
- ‘Escape Plan’ is an exciting Live Escape game in London with excellent TripAdvisor ratings and a certificate of excellence.
- We will immerse you in a World War II set for a tense and exciting hour.
- Our game has a wide appeal – suitable for friends, family, colleagues, team bonding and tourists. We are dedicated to giving you an uncommon and upbeat experience.
- We want your booking experience to be simple and free from any frustration. Please email us at [email protected].
- Please note that you are booking a live event. Escape Plan will take a non-refundable deposit of £25 and collect the rest on your arrival at the venue. Bookings are transferrable with 24+ hours notice. Please see our full terms and conditions.
Can I play today?
If you are hoping to get a last minute booking, please call us on 0207 613 5380 to find out what’s available and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Can I play if I am pregnant?
- Yes! We have hosted pregnant team players before who have enjoyed their escape.
- There are seats in the escape room and players can leave the room at any time if needed.
- If you are nearing full-term, it would be helpful to have some more mobile members in your team, but there are no physical challenges.
Is it suitable if I'm claustrophobic?
- We are happy to accommodate claustrophobic players. Our escape room is a fair size, but there are of course, differing degrees of claustrophobia. To help you make your choice, we hope the following information is useful:
- The door is not locked.
- You are free to leave at any point during the game
- Our ceiling is 2.4m high.
- The most confined space you will occupy is approx 3m length x 4m length.
How long does the experience last?
- The whole experience will last approximately 80-90 minutes (including a briefing and debrief), depending on how fast you can escape!
- There will be a short briefing followed by a 60 minute game and after the experience, there will be a team photo and a debrief.
Accessibility / Special Requirements
- We welcome players with hearing difficulties but one member of the team will be required to have fully functional hearing as there is an audio puzzle.
- Our puzzles often depend on use of vision and moderate mobility.
- If you have the smaller wheelchair variety, you will be able to access ‘ The Adventure Begins’ or ‘Roll out the Barrel’ – it is located in a basement and there is lift access.
- If you have any special requirements, please let us know in the booking form, or send enquiries to [email protected].
How do I get there?
- We are located in Shoreditch:
- The station is Shoreditch High Street
- We are also in walking distance of Liverpool Street and Old Street.
- Parking is available on the Bethnal Green Rd at approx £4 per hour.
- The meeting point to this venue is by the Rich Mix box office.
- You will find full details on our Find Us page.
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled experience.
- Instructions on where to meet us will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- If you find yourself running late, please call 020 7613 5380.
- Late arrival might reduce the amount of playing time available if the ensuing session has been booked by other teams.
What should I wear?
- There is no dress code – you can arrive straight from the office or en route to the pub; come as you please.
- We welcome reenactors or those who want to dress up of the era.
Any other questions?
- Hopefully we’ve covered it here, but happy to help by phone or email if you’ve thought of something else! [email protected] / 0207 613 5380.