Frequently Asked Questions
What is Escape Plan?
- Escape Plan is a team game for small/medium sized groups. Your objective is to escape a locked room or achieve a mission within the specified time limit (60-70 minutes). You do this as a team, by discovering clues, solving puzzles and working collaboratively.
- We have created three experiences – ‘The Adventure Begins’ set in a WW2 POW camp; ‘The Battle for Britain’ set in an RAF Operations Room, and ‘Roll out the Barrel’ set in a 1940’s RAF base with a sneaky mission to steal a barrel of beer.
- If for any reason you need to leave you are free to do so at anytime.
- To check game availability, please visit our bookings page.
- The puzzles may be mechanical, involve skill or deduction, but you are not required to use physical strength.
How many people can play?
- Each experience is different.
- Battle for Britain hosts 2-7 players. (We think 4-5 is the optimum).
- The Adventure Begins hosts 2-6 players. (We think 4 is the optimum).
- Roll out the Barrel hosts 2-5 players (We think 3-4 is the optimum).
- Concurrently we can host up to 18 players at one time in one venue. Our Large Groups page details more
It is not possible to exceed the capacity limits above as we are bound by fire safety guidelines.
Is there an age restriction?
- The experience has been designed for teens and upwards but we accept bookings (where an adult is present) for anyone aged 9 and over. The games work exceptionally well as a family experience.
- If you are planning to visit with under 14’s, please make sure your team has at least 1 responsible adult onsite (over 18). We would recommend ‘The Adventure Begins’ first if bringing under 14s.
- A responsible adult is required to join the experience if the group is all under 14. They do not need to pay for the experience but they must not exceed the capacity of the game in question.
- Please advise us if you plan to bring a baby in a sling or if any players are expecting.
How much does it cost?
- £28 per person, with a minimum fee of £65-84 for 2 player games
- For up to date information, please see the Book Now page
- Seasonal variations at Christmas and Easter may occur – please refer to our booking calendar in respect to your date and time of interest.
- Check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages to see if there any discounts running at present.
How do I redeem a Gift Voucher?
We’ve covered this here
How long does the experience last?
- The whole experience will last approximately 80-90 minutes, depending on how fast you can escape!
- There will be a short briefing followed by a 60-70 minute game and after the experience, there will be a team photo and a debrief.
Where's my booking confirmation?
- This is sent automatically to the email address you provided.
- If you don’t see it in your inbox / junk filter, please email us and we’ll be happy to confirm the email address and resend.
Why Escape Plan?
- ‘Escape Plan’ is an exciting Live Escape game in London with excellent TripAdvisor ratings and a certificate of excellence every year since 2015.
- We will immerse you in the 1940s for a tense and exciting hour.
- Our game has a wide appeal – suitable for friends, family, colleagues, team bonding, and tourists. We are dedicated to giving you an uncommon and upbeat experience.
- The Battle for Britain has been ranked amongst the world’s top escape rooms by TERPECA.
Can I play today?
- Yes! Please head to the BOOK NOW page. If you are hoping to get a last minute booking in the next three hours, call us on 020 7613 5380 to find out what’s available and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Can I play if I'm pregnant?
- Yes! We have hosted pregnant team players before who have enjoyed their escape.
- On request, we can provide seats in the escape room and players can leave the room at any time if needed.
- If you are nearing full-term, it would be helpful to have some more mobile members in your team, but there are no mandatory physical challenges.
- Two of the games require a moment of good mobility, but this only needs be accomplished by one member and bypasses are possible.
Is it suitable if I'm claustrophobic?
- We are happy to accommodate claustrophobic players. Our escape room is a fair size, but there are of course, differing degrees of claustrophobia. To help you make your choice, we hope the following information is useful:
- The door is not locked.
- You are free to leave at any point during the game
- Our ceiling is 2.4m high.
- The most confined space you will occupy is approx 3m length x 3m length.
How accessible are your escape rooms?
- Our puzzles often depend on use of vision and occasionally one member of the team will need moderate mobility.
- ‘Roll out the Barrel’ is accessible to wheelchair users but we need advance warning to prep the space.
- All of our escape rooms can be accessed via a lift
- Whilst we welcome wheelchair users, there are limitations on access certain parts of certain games
- We are currently writing up an accessibility statement.
- In the meantime, if you have any special requirements, please send enquiries to email@example.com
How do I get there?
- We are located in Shoreditch:
- The nearest station is Shoreditch High Street
- We are also in walking distance of Liverpool Street and Old Street.
- Parking is available on the Bethnal Green Rd at approx £5 per hour.
- The meeting point to this venue is by the Rich Mix box office.
- You will find a Google Map link in the site footer.
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled experience.
- If you do arrive early, there are benches in Box Office or you can head up to the CineBar on the 1st floor.
- Instructions on where to meet us will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- If you find yourself running late, please call 020 7613 5380.
- Late arrival might reduce the amount of playing time available if the ensuing session has been booked by other teams.
What's your reschedule policy?
- We offer a friendly rescheduling policy – with 48 hours notice, you can reschedule your games without charge.
- In the 48 hours preceding your event, reschedules may be offered by discretion and carry an administrative fee of £30 per game booked.
Do you offer refunds?
- Please note that you are booking a live event. Sessions are non-refundable, but friendly rescheduling options exist. Please see our full terms and conditions.
- If we are forced to cancel your game for any reason, a full refund will be offered.