HELP & FAQ’S
What is Escape Plan?
- Escape Plan is a team game for small/medium sized groups. Your objective is to escape a locked room or achieve a mission within the specified time limit (60-70 minutes). You do this as a team, by discovering clues, solving puzzles and working collaboratively.
- We have created three experiences – ‘The Adventure Begins’ set in a WW2 POW camp; ‘The Battle for Britain’ set in an RAF Operations Room and ‘Roll out the Barrel’ set in a 1940’s RAF base with a sneaky mission to steal a barrel of beer.
- If for any reason you need to leave you are free to do so at anytime.
- To check game availability, please visit our bookings page.
- The puzzles may be mechanical, involve skill or deduction, but you are not required to use physical strength.
How many people can play?
- Each experience is different.
- Battle for Britain hosts 3-6 players. (We think 4-5 is the optimum).
- The Adventure Begins hosts 2-6 players. (We think 4 is the optimum).
- Roll out the Barrel hosts 2-5 players (We think 3-4 is the optimum).
- Concurrently we can host up to 17 players at one time in one venue. Our Large Groups page details more
It is not possible to exceed the capacity limits above as we are bound by fire safety guidelines.
What's the minimum age to play?
- The experience has been designed for teens and upwards but we accept bookings (where an adult is present) for anyone aged 9 and over. The games work exceptionally well as a family experience.
- If you are planning to visit with under 16’s, please make sure your team has at least 1 responsible adult onsite (over 18). We would recommend ‘Roll out the Barrel’ or ‘The Adventure Begins’ first if bringing under 14’s.
- Anyone attending as a responsible adult is encouraged to join the experience if capacity allows, but it is sufficient for them to be present onsite (we have a cafe/restaurant directly above the games)
- Please advise us if you plan to bring a baby in a sling or if any players are expecting.
How much does it cost?
- For up to date information, please see the Book Now page
- Peak hours are weekends. Seasonal variations at Christmas and Easter occur – please refer to our booking calendar in respect to your date and time of interest.
- The number of players in the team has no impact on the price but we recommend 3-5 players for the best experience. We accept anything from 2-6 players and are dedicated to giving your group the best possible experience, irrespective of team size. (2 player team discounts exist)
- Check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages to see if there any discounts running at present.
How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- Click through to the Book Now page
- Select the game you wish to play and choose the date and time of the session you wish to book
- Input your gift voucher code into the ‘coupon code’ box and hit apply coupon
- Proceed to checkout, complete the details requested and select ‘Place Order’
- You will then receive a booking confirmation email with details of your booking and how to find us
Why Escape Plan?
- ‘Escape Plan’ is an exciting Live Escape game in London with excellent TripAdvisor ratings and a certificate of excellence.
- We will immerse you in a World War II set for a tense and exciting hour.
- Our game has a wide appeal – suitable for friends, family, colleagues, team bonding and tourists. We are dedicated to giving you an uncommon and upbeat experience.
- The Battle for Britain has been ranked amongst the world’s top escape rooms by TERPECA.
Can I play today?
Yes! Please head to the BOOK NOW page.
If you are hoping to get a last minute booking in the next three hours, call us on 0207 613 5380 to find out what’s available and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Can I play if I am pregnant?
- Yes! We have hosted pregnant team players before who have enjoyed their escape.
- There are seats in the escape room and players can leave the room at any time if needed.
- If you are nearing full-term, it would be helpful to have some more mobile members in your team, but there are no mandatory physical challenges.
Is it suitable if I'm claustrophobic?
- We are happy to accommodate claustrophobic players. Our escape room is a fair size, but there are of course, differing degrees of claustrophobia. To help you make your choice, we hope the following information is useful:
- The door is not locked.
- You are free to leave at any point during the game
- Our ceiling is 2.4m high.
- The most confined space you will occupy is approx 3m length x 3m length.
How long does the experience last?
- The whole experience will last approximately 80-90 minutes (including a briefing and debrief), depending on how fast you can escape!
- There will be a short briefing followed by a 60-70 minute game and after the experience, there will be a team photo and a debrief.
Accessibility / Special Requirements
- Our puzzles often depend on use of vision and occasionally one member of the team will need moderate mobility.
- ‘Roll out the Barrel’ is accessible to wheelchair users but we need advance warning to prep the space.
- We are currently writing up an accessibility statement.
- In the meantime, if you have any special requirements, please send enquiries to [email protected].
How do I get there?
- We are located in Shoreditch:
- The station is Shoreditch High Street
- We are also in walking distance of Liverpool Street and Old Street.
- Parking is available on the Bethnal Green Rd at approx £4.20 per hour.
- The meeting point to this venue is by the Rich Mix box office.
- You will find full details on our Find Us page.
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled experience.
- Instructions on where to meet us will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- If you find yourself running late, please call 020 7613 5380.
- Late arrival might reduce the amount of playing time available if the ensuing session has been booked by other teams.
Any other questions?
- Hopefully we’ve covered it here, but happy to help by phone or email if you’ve thought of something else! [email protected] / 0207 613 5380.